Stainless Steel 304 butt weld fittings are small fittings used for purposes like sealing the tube ends. It is actually a term which refers to the process of butt welding the fittings made of 304 Stainless steel material in tubes/pipes which prevents any kind of leak. These fittings are very cost effective and have a great resistance to atmospheric corrosion. Hastelloy C276 Plate is manufactured in a variety of shapes, sizes, grades and specifications according the demand of an industry.
Types of fittings:
Though there are many factories who manufacture the fittings according to specifications of industries they are catering to Titanium seamless tube, other small scale factories tend to make some common fittings which are widely used. The dimensions of the same can be varied anything from 1” to 48”. Some of the common types are:
- 45 degree elbow – Popularly used by paper, brewery, agricultural, electronics and food processing industries
- 90 degree elbow – Used in Oil and Gas pipeline, Chemical industry, plumbing and general purpose application
- Equal Tee – Used by Power plants, breweries and Sugar industry
- Concentric reducer – Used in Plumbing and automobile industry
- Equal cross – Used by Sprinkler system and power generation industry
Uses of Stainless Steel 304 butt weld fittings:
- Fittings made from Inconel 600 Plate are very reliable. Stainless Steel 304 contains higher chromium and low carbon content. Lower carbon means less chromium carbide precipitation due to welding Titanium Plate. This steel type contains as low as 0.03% of carbon content and thus reduces its susceptibility to intergranular corrosion. This kind of steel can be continuously exposed to temperatures of about 1500°F without appreciable scaling.
- Welding a fitting to the pipe means that it is permanently leak proof
- The continuous metal structure formed between pipe and fitting adds strength to the system
- Smooth inner surface and gradual direction changes reduce pressure losses and turbulence and minimize the action of corrosion and erosion
- A welded system utilizes a minimum of space
Hastelloy C276 Flanges Application in the Industries
- Off-Shore Oil Drilling Companies
- Power Generation
- Gas Processing
- Specialty Chemicals
- Pharmaceutical Equipment
- Chemical Equipment
- Sea Water Equipment
- Heat Exchangers
- Pulp and Paper Industry
Stainless steel Pipe fittings used in desulfurization
- Monel 400 Tube fittings used in chemical procedures
- stainless steel pipes used in the medical field
- stainless steel Tube fittings used in pharmaceutical plants
- Hastelloy C276 Tube Fittings Used in Food Processing Plants
- Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings Used in Aviation Engine Components
The permeability of austenitic stainless steel is minimal, so it is also called non-magnetic material Titanium Round Bar. Steel with stable sleeve structure, 0Cr20Ni10, 0Cr25Ni20 and so on, will not be magnetic even if it will be processed with a large amount of end more than 80%.
There are also many other application of Monel 400 Pipe Fittings which are used in different industries.