Clean cosmetics and being the change we want to see are always in style
LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / February 23, 2021 / Habit Cosmetics, maker of the world's leading clean, vegan and sustainably-packaged nail polish, is thrilled to announce their line of 15 new nail polish colors on March 1st. The "Walk on the Brightside" collection features bold and bright new polishes with Habit's original, nourishing Myrrh-infused formula.
Most notably, as part of Habit's mission to make giving back a more integral part of their brand, 3 of these colors have been co-created by up-and-coming artists Lauren Halsey, Alake Shilling and Kezia Harrell, who are each showcasing brand-new work this year with Deitch Galley in LA. Each color they created will contribute 40% of retail sales to women and communities of color.
- Lauren Halsey co-created the color "Bop Bop!" 40% of retail sales from this color benefit Downtown Crenshaw
- Alake Shilling co-created the color "Jolly Green Bean". 40% of retail sales from this color benefit Summaeverythang Community Center
- Kezia Harrell co-created the color "Let's Call it a Chartreuse." 40% of retail sales from this color benefit the artist, who's oeuvre importantly works to reframe the narrative of the oil painting tradition throughout history
This sales giveback program will run from March 1st through June 30th on habitcosmetics.com.
"As a Black woman and simply as a human being, the human rights movement that came to prominence last year was a wakeup call for me in terms of how I was doing business," notes Habit Founder Aja Frierson, a former fashion industry colorist. "For some time I've been wanting to grow Habit in more of a mission-oriented direction with regards to giving back to the world in some kind of way. I just wasn't sure how to execute that in a way that felt authentic to issues that are important to me. So, last year I came to feel that it was time to move in the direction of giving back to social justice causes in any way that I could, no matter how small. And I'm hopeful that through this initial giveback program, my capacity to give more will grow."
Aja Frierson launched Habit in 2013 because as a woman of color passionate about both plant-based nutrition and makeup, she rarely saw herself represented in the clean beauty space. So with Habit, her goal was to provide value in 4 areas:
- Non-toxic, vegan and cruelty-free formulations
- Multi-tasking formulas (because we're all busy and our products should do more than one thing) with skincare ingredients
- Sustainable packaging: Habit is the only makeup brand using post-consumer plastic packaging, plus FSC-certified paperboard boxes. With our full-size polish, we limit the plastic we do use as much as possible by using a bamboo overcap
- Trend-relevant yet wearable colors, curated by a former fashion industry colorist, that flatter the full spectrum of skin tones
To learn more about how Habit is making clean beauty the new normal, please contact Alex Bridgeman at (208) 720-3726 or email@example.com.
View source version on accesswire.com:
© 2021 Accesswire. All Rights Reserved.